Bethany Dispensary

corner of Spruce & Charlton Streets in the Bethany Presbyterian Church

Founded April 7, 1909

Existed after 1912



From: Social Services Directory of Newark 1912

A dispensary in the hill section for the general treatment of diseases. A small fee is charged for the medicines. The dispensary was begun in the spring of 1907. In December of the same year the Newark Polyclinic Dispensary joined the Bethany Dispensary, transferring all its equipment to the same. Clinic every day except Sundays and holidays, from 4 to 5 PM. The dispensary is conducted under the direction of the Presbyterian Hospital. At the dispensary there is a milk distributing station for the babies of needy families. Open every day from 2 to 3 PM.