Newark Anti-Tuberculosis Association

Established Feb. 1, 1909

40 Clinton Street



From: Social Services Directory of Newark 1912

To educate the public to the fact that tuberculosis is communicable, curable, and preventable; to locate centers of infection by the compulsory reporting and registration of cases; to make adequte provision for the advanced casaes; to have thorough disinfection of houses and the compulsory removal of the ignorant and the careless; enforcement of the ordinance as to spitting and other health measures. There trained nurses are employed to visit all discharged Glen Garnder patients and referred cases in their homes; relief is secured from ther agencies when necessary. An OPEN-AIR SCHOOL is partially supported (under the Board of Education). A DAY CAMP is maintained.