Memorial Tablet to Late Dr. Kipp at Infirmary - Newspaper Article
Merged with Presbyterian Hospital and relocated to So. 9th Street around the late 1960's.
From "Essex County, NJ, Illustrated 1897":
One of the most charitable institutions in Essex County, is the Eye and Ear Infirmary. The hospital was founded in February, 1880 for the gratuitous treatment of the poor.
From: Social Services Directory of Newark 1912
Receives patients afflicted with diseases of the eye and ear. Capacity, about 40: two private rooms and 38 ward patients. The eye and ear patients 2 PM daily, except Sundays. Diseases of the nose and throat treated daily at 11 AM except Sundays.
|Copyright 1998 - 2016 Glenn G. Geisheimer|