December 24, 1911 - Hospital Work of Presbyterians
Hospitals that merged with Newark Presbyterian Hospital:
Presbyterian Hospital was renamed United Hospitals of Newark, then United Healthcare System and closed in February, 1997.
From: "Newark, the City of Industry" Published by the Newark Board of Trade 1912
The Presbyterian Hospital in Newark, NJ, is one of the latest organizations in the city. It is located in South Ninth Street, in the Roseville residential section, and is designed to supplement the work of the other hospitals in the community. Established on lines of broad humanity, this institution is conducting its work without distinction as to color, nationality, or religion. To it reputable physicians, other than the regular hospital staff, may, under proper regulations and restrictions, send their patients and also treat them personally. Co-operating with the Presbyterians on its Board of Trustees are representatives of other denominations.
|Copyright 1998 - 2016 Glenn G. Geisheimer|